Yonder is looking for a consultative and commercial experienced Financial Controller to join the Group’s Finance team, who sit within Group Services.
The Financial Controller will report to the Group Finance Director and will manage a team of five.
They will be seen as an inspirational leader within the team and will help to ensure that we live by our values, set an example, act as a role model and mentor, be a team player and demonstrate support for the Group’s financial objectives.
- Managing Finance team; ensuring they remain motivated, meet objectives set and continually mentoring to develop ability. Responsibility for undertaking appraisals and objective setting
- Partnering with key stakeholders in the business with the aim of maximising profitability
- Overseeing month end process; ensuring accuracy and that deadlines are met for approval by Group FD
- Completing monthly and quarterly forecasting for approval from Group FD
- Implementing and enhancing current financial processes / internal controls for the company with the aim of increasing efficiency and reducing complexity
- Assisting in annual budget setting for the business
- Preparation annual statutory accounts for audit and tax reporting
- Managing audit process (group and statutory)
- Ensuring taxation compliance is met and review regularly
- Managing cash flow
- Managing group reporting and ensuring group KPI’s are met
- Ensuring monthly payroll, pensions and benefit data is accurate and on time
- Ensuring legal and GDPR compliance in commercial contracts
- Negotiating supplier terms and renewals of contracts
- Deputising for the Group FD when required, partnering with management team on financial and non-financial matters
- Completion of ad-hoc requests from both Group FD and management team
Key characteristics, skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant
- Proficient on Excel, Word, Powerpoint,
- Experience of Paprika and salesforce would preferable
- Experience managing a team
- Experience managing audit process and preparation of statutory accounts
- Full understanding of entire finance function, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Management Accounts and Financial Accounts
- Experience partnering with senior stakeholders
- Proactive and adaptive to a fast changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus (based on individual and company performance)
- 28 days holiday (plus public & bank holidays)
- Private medical health insurance post-probationary period
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Critical Life insurance
+ more (please see enclosed benefits booklet)
Launched in October 2020, Yonder is a consultancy that blends insight, strategy and imagination to unlock opportunity and deliver impact. It has operation in London, New York, Honk Kong and Singapore.
At Yonder, our purpose is in our name. We exist to help our clients go further by helping them explore their potential and set the direction for their future. Sometimes this means we discover opportunities that even our clients haven’t imagined yet. Yonder is about possibility and looking ahead to the future. It’s also about being open minded and expansive in our thinking. Yonder is where the combination of evidence and imagination takes us.
We help our clients go further with focus through customer-driven business success. We partner with our clients to create and maintain the positive momentum needed for long-term success. Grounded in deep insight, and informed by the wider social and commercial context, we define the most relevant opportunities and the strategies to act on them. We work alongside our clients as partners, helping them to adjust and respond to change as it happens, and keeping them moving towards their goals.
Our approach is three-fold:
- To understand reality: we use traditional and innovative techniques to produce and analyse quality data, getting us close to our clients market, reputation, customers, brand and people.
- To define opportunity: we combine strategic and imaginative thinking to explore opportunities and define the best strategist to realise them.
- To create impact: we execute the strategy and create tangible, internal and external experiences and activations to deliver impact.
Our expertise broadens across:
- Brand and business strategy;
- Customer understanding;
- Brand research;
- Design; and