In a nutshell
Yonder is a ground-breaking new consultancy bringing a blend of insight, strategy and imagination to clients across sectors and geographies. Our diverse expert team uses a blend of commercial acumen and creative thinking to transform performance in the areas that matter most. We are on the hunt for a multitalented Associate who shares our values and wants to help us make a big impact on our clients’ businesses, and the markets and communities they serve.
Your skills & experience
You must have an appetite for understanding how businesses run and the role that brand plays in driving business performance. Whilst not critical, you will ideally come with some experience and working knowledge of brand strategy programmes, or business and brand transformation or the role of insight in uncovering strategic opportunity. You will have up to 2 years’ experience (this might mean that you have no experience but you have a flair and passion for the subject that shines through) in a related role – insight, analysis, or strategy, whether as an intern or full-time. You are keen to build financial fluency and strong commercial acumen. You already demonstrate your outstanding written and verbal skills, excellent attention to detail and time management skills on a daily basis. The people you’ve worked or interacted with to date – clients, teams, peers – trust you. But you want more.
You will play a key part in proactively supporting the team at Yonder. Your specialism will be in consulting, but you will have an interest in everything else that we do and offer – from market research and insight to data analytics and design. You will be given responsibility from day one, contributing to the effective delivery of client work and relationships across a range of research and consulting projects. You will look for opportunities to input your ideas and thinking, bringing inspiration to the team through trends and case studies. As you develop, you will begin to take end-to-end ownership of key tasks within overall projects to accelerate your development and future potential.
- Up to 2 years’ experience (as an intern or full-time) at a brand consultancy, innovation agency, client strategy position, or equivalent role
- Genuine passion for brands and the role they play in people’s lives
- A deep, rigorous thinker, with a keen attention to detail
- Also – the ability to think creatively and expansively
- Fluent English speaker with persuasive communication skills (oral and written)
- Self management:
- Completes own tasks to high standard, on time, communicating progress effectively and proactively to more senior colleagues
- Takes a proactive role in taking tasks on, doesn’t wait to be asked
- Strategic and creative recommendations
- Summarises multiple sources – facts, trends, in and out of category inspiration – and distils them into clear key themes
- Produces error-free and good-looking deliverables
- Contributes to the creative process – working with creative colleagues to generate fresh ideas that support the strategy
- Way of working and engaging
- Aims to build rapport with clients based on excellent delivery, as well as an understanding of the client and organisation.
- Presents ideas effectively 1-1 or in small groups
- Proactively and enthusiastically supports the project team
- Enjoys sparking and building on ideas with other colleagues, open to feedback
- Persuasive communication skills (oral and written)
- Team and culture
- Actively supports Junior Associates and integration into the business
- Actively demonstrates our culture and values, connecting with people across the business
- Administration and account management
- Highly organised with the appetite to learn core project management skills, and support the consulting team in ensuring the smooth running of projects
What Yonder can offer you
Yonder has a real buzz as we continue to grow. We reward people who help to drive that growth and the company supports and encourages new ideas which will add value. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus your birthday day off!), a 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance and other benefits like flexible working and 4pm finishes on Fridays.