In a nutshell
Yonder is a ground-breaking new consultancy bringing a blend of insight, strategy and imagination to clients across sectors and geographies. Our diverse expert team uses a blend of commercial acumen and creative thinking to transform performance in the areas that matter most. We are on the hunt for a multitalented Consultant who shares our values and wants to help us make a big impact on our clients’ businesses, and the markets and communities they serve.
Your skills & experience
You must have an appetite for understanding how businesses run and the role that brand plays in driving business performance. You will come with some experience and working knowledge of large-scale roll-out of brand strategy programmes, or business and brand transformation or the role of insight in uncovering strategic opportunity.
You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a related role – insight, analysis, or strategy.
You will be passionate about supporting business development (both new and organic, through pitch support and proposal writing) and be keen to build financial fluency and strong commercial acumen. You already demonstrate your outstanding written and verbal skills, excellent attention to detail and time management skills on a daily basis. The people you’ve worked with to date – clients, teams, peers trust you. But you want more.
You will play a key part in proactively supporting the team at Yonder. Your specialism will be in strategy, but you will have an interest in everything else that we do and offer from market research and insight to data analytics and design. You will be given responsibility from day one, working with internal teams across a range of insight and strategy projects, as well as supporting in scoping and selling in new projects (i.e., challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings). You will have an innovative outlook, finding ways to experiment, develop and test new product offerings, tools and approaches and you will use distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view. You will play a key role in kick-off meetings, review sessions and presentations and aspire to consistently achieve client satisfaction through encouraging yourself and working alongside others to produce outstanding work.
- 2-4 years’ experience, either on the client, agency or consultancy side
- Genuine passion for brands and branding
- A working knowledge of brand strategy programmes
- Experience in business development, both new and organic
- Versatility to work with different teams – copywriting, design direction, insight
- Strong commercial acumen
- Fluent English speaker with persuasive communication skills (oral and written)
- A knack for building valuable long-term relationships.
Outstanding client work
- Experience working with senior colleagues to set the strategic vision on a project.
- Experience scoping new projects. This covers: challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings.
- Using distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view.
- Creating a compelling narrative argument to sell in recommendations.
- Partnering insight colleagues to derive the right data to develop a compelling strategy
- Partnering design colleagues to generate fresh ideas, establish the creative direction and ensure creative work supports the strategy and agreed objectives.
- Coordinating and playing a key role in client meetings and presentations.
- Ensuring client satisfaction by producing work of an outstanding quality.
New business and long-term relationships
- Supporting senior colleagues with pitching, proposal writing and converting new business opportunities.
- Helping to win small to medium-sized projects from conception through to completion.
- Taking time to understand the client’s unique business and challenges in order to add the greatest value and spot potential incremental revenue opportunities.
- Growing the client relationship, ensuring all work meets or exceeds expectations and is delivered on time and on budget.
- Developing additional IP and case studies to reinforce our leading reputation.
What Yonder can offer you
Yonder has a real buzz as we continue to grow. We reward people who help to drive that growth and the company supports and encourages new ideas which will add value. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus your birthday day off!), a 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance and other benefits like flexible working and 4pm finishes on Fridays