In a nutshell
We are looking for an experienced, strategically and commercially minded Director to work with us on government and corporate affairs-focused research projects for a range of interesting and high-profile public and private sector clients. If you are an experienced Associate Director or Director with an established track record of delivering client work to the highest standard, and you have a strong interest in current affairs and social/political/economic trends, then we would like to hear from you.
Your skills & experience
You have been a mixed-methodology research professional for at least eight years, and will have had responsibility for developing strategic client relationships. You have a broad range of interests, are curious about how the business world works and follow the current affairs and political trends that influence it. You demonstrate outstanding storytelling, written and verbal skills, and have excellent attention to detail. You have experience of leading client relationships and are confident in a client facing role. You have a track record of successful new business development from existing and new clients. You can creatively apply research to business challenges and use your initiative to grow, develop and learn. You have experience of managing less experienced team members.
It is desirable that you will have:
- 8+ years of research experience across a range of industry sectors;
- experience of leading teams to deliver major research projects;
- a full understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, as well as how to interpret advanced statistical analysis;
- experience of using research to provide high quality insight and advice for major clients, tailored to their requirements and using expert knowledge of their sector;
- excellent presentation skills, with extensive experience of leading the writing and delivery of compelling reports and presentations to clients;
- experience of leading the development and management of major client relationships to deliver new work, including proposing work to clients;
- experience of contributing to strategic business development;
- experience of managing people and teams, including managing performance and supporting career development.
You will spend most of your time using research to find answers to our clients’ questions or solve their problems, such as ‘how can I measure and improve my reputation?’, ‘how can I understand and respond to wider political / social / commercial trends?’, ‘how can I best achieve a policy objective?’, ‘how can I achieve a specific business/commercial objective’? or ‘how can I run an effective public campaign?’.
You will lead accounts, thinking creatively to determine the best approach for addressing client challenges and then managing colleagues and suppliers to produce final reports, presentations and recommendations for the client. Sometimes you will work with other directors within the team or from across Yonder, but you will often be independently responsible for client development. You will be managing team members who may also be line managers themselves, and so will be providing an important source of coaching and leadership. You will also have an interest in the other aspects of Yonder’s offer from brand strategy to advanced data analytics and innovation.
- own and be responsible for the overall strategic direction of client relationships – leading teams to ensure that all projects are delivered to agreed budgets and timetables;
- demonstrate expertise, passing on knowledge to other team members and inspiring clients;
- lead high-value, high-profile and sensitive research projects from design to analysis;
- contribute to the setting and achievement of targets for revenue and profits across the practice;
- contribute to the allocation of resources to projects;
- line manage and support the professional development of colleagues;
- contribute to the profile and reputation of Yonder through publishing articles and undertaking speaking engagements and media appearances;
- take a leadership position within the team, supporting Yonder’s strategy, vision and values.
What Yonder can offer you
Yonder has a real buzz as we continue to grow. We reward people who help to drive that growth and the company supports and encourages new ideas which will add value. We offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday (plus your birthday day off!), a 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance and other benefits like volunteering leave, flexible working and 4pm finishes on Fridays etc.