In a nutshell
We are looking for a multitalented strategy Director to join us. If you are a Director or an experienced AD looking to move up to Director level, are genuinely passionate about brands and brand strategy, and are able to hit the ground running in our exciting, new consultancy, then we need you.
You’re someone who must have an appetite for understanding how businesses run and have a proven ability to use brand to make an impact on their performance. With an acute eye and natural flair for finding opportunities, you are flexible, rigorous and resourceful and adept at establishing valuable long-term relationships.
Your skills & experience
You would have extensive business experience, either client or consultancy side. You have a solid working knowledge of large-scale rollout of brand strategy programmes, leading to business transformation. You are fluent in research disciplines, either coming from a research background yourself or adept at integrating research into strategy programmes. You are used to building strong client relationships, generating revenue and developing business, whilst delivering great work. As well as being a great storyteller (going well beyond PowerPoint), your financial fluency and strong commercial acumen makes you a force to reckon with. Your clients will trust you and you will have the respect of your peers. But you want more.
We need a Director to add to the experience of the team. You will play a key role in driving the business forward by:
Consistently delivering excellent work
- Working with colleagues to set the strategic vision on a project.
- Scoping and selling in new projects. This covers: challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings.
- Looking for ways to experiment, develop and test new product offerings, tools or approaches in a given client context.
- Using distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view.
- Creating a compelling narrative argument to sell in recommendations.
- Partnering design colleagues to generate fresh ideas, establish the creative direction and ensure creative work supports the strategy and agreed objectives.
- Leading kick-off meetings, review sessions and presentations.
- Ensuring client satisfaction by encouraging yourself and others to produce work of outstanding quality.
Building Client Value
- Supporting colleagues with pitching, proposal-writing and converting new business opportunities. Helping to win and manage projects from conception through to completion.
- Building and maintaining networks, helping to grow Yonder’s client base.
- Responsible for developing, building and leading significant and financially substantial client accounts, operating at the most senior level.
- Growing the client relationship by acting as the trusted go-to person, ensuring all work meets or exceeds expectations and is delivered on time and on budget.
- Demonstrating a genuine interest in and a detailed understanding of the businesses you work with, the way they function and what their challenges are. Being a trusted and strategic adviser and ensuring our responses to their briefs are always relevant.
- Developing additional IP and case studies to reinforce our leading reputation.
- Understanding and able to articulate the full Yonder offer, being rewarded for growing the number of services that we can sell to our clients, while always having the client’s interest at heart. Never seeking to sell solutions that will not help solve a client’s challenge.
- Leading the creation of C-suite level presentations. Being a confident presenter in front of clients up to and including Board level.
- Being a positive and upbeat team leader who proactively builds Yonder’s culture and values.
- Being a senior leader within Yonder and acting as a champion for our offer and approach internally and externally.
- Bringing a strategic and creative mindset to every project, whilst operating as a specialist in one of the Yonder disciplines. Interpreting research, knowing the best techniques to use to get to the heart of a subject and draw genuine insights that become the foundation of our work to answer client questions.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams – some of these are ongoing over a long period and involve largely the same people but others are more short term and are assembled to meet a particular client challenge – drawing on the most appropriate skills across Yonder.
- Exchanging know how – experience, knowledge, best practice, expertise and skills – with others on a regular basis and capturing for future re-use where possible.
- Making a significant contribution to a specialist community (value creation) and/or to people development (capability creation).
- If you line manage, you are responsible for the career development of those you manage and for ensuring they are fully utilised.
- If you contribute to a specialist community, you have a responsibility for ensuring that all specialists in your area have deep expertise and are fluent in the role of strategy, insight and imagination in building client value.
- Mentoring and oversee team development.
- Assisting with recruitment and performance appraisals for other team members.