We are looking for an IT Support Executive, who will be the ‘go to person’ for all IT Desktop Support. We work in a very busy office based in Farringdon, London with c. 175 users on site, so you must be someone who enjoys face-to-face interaction and take pride in providing excellent, professional customer service to your colleagues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who wants to be part of a fast-paced and growing company, who relishes taking on IT support and project implementation to ensure that IT helps rather than hinders the company’s growth. The company is going through a period of change and is moving most of its IT infrastructure into the cloud. Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and leading cloud platforms will be an advantage.
This is not just a Service Desk role; you will be getting involved with different areas of the IT environment, liaising with suppliers (including the company’s IT support company) and ensuring your colleagues are provided with excellent IT support. Although the office is mostly a Microsoft Windows environment, there are 50 or so MacOS users, so experience of working with Macs will be an advantage.
You’ll be expected to:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for all IT issues and deal with Yonder’s IT support suppliers for all 3rd line issues;
- Provide IT Desktop Support to colleagues, both face-to-face and remote;
- Provide a new joiner IT induction for all new starters on their first morning, going through Outlook, Box, Slack, Teams and any other software the new joiner has;
- Liaise with the People Team and ensure all new joiners are set up in a timely manner in terms of:
- a Company email address;
- IT equipment – computer / laptop / Mac (with any applicable software);
- desk equipment – telephone, keyboard, monitor etc as necessary;
- log-in details.
- Liaise with the People Team and ensure all leavers are handled in a timely manner in terms of
- Shutting down of all company account.
- IT equipment return.
- Ensure all audio visual and IT equipment in meeting rooms is in working order;
- Work with the Office Manager and liaise with IT support companies to ensure IT is provided without interruption;
- Be responsible for hardware Break Fix, configuration, installations;
- Provide basic networking troubleshooting TCP/IP;
- Provide support for handheld devices;
- Assist with small roll out projects.
- Ensure data protection policies are followed, including completion of all relevant documentation.
You must have:
- Microsoft Support Experience and good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange/Office 365;
- Knowledge of cloud-based products such as Box, Zoom, Slack and other similar applications.
- A professional and friendly can-do attitude, able to build relationships with internal & external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to manage expectations and deadlines with key internal stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proactive, enthusiastic and willing to learn and develop;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to prioritise effectively;
- 1-2 Years Commercial IT Support Experience however less experience will still be considered.
- Self-motivated and eager to assist with the evolving IT environment;
- Ability to articulate technical jargon in a simple understandable way.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus public & bank holidays)
- Private medical health insurance
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Critical Life insurance
- + more (please see enclosed benefits booklet)
Launched in October 2020, Yonder is a consultancy that blends insight, strategy and imagination to unlock opportunity and deliver impact.
At Yonder, our purpose is in our name. We exist to help our clients go further by helping them explore their potential and set the direction for their future. Sometimes this means we discover opportunities that even our clients haven’t imagined yet. Yonder is about possibility and looking ahead to the future. It’s also about being open minded and expansive in our thinking. Yonder is where the combination of evidence and imagination takes us.
We help our clients go further with focus through customer-driven business success. We partner with our clients to create and maintain the positive momentum needed for long-term success. Grounded in deep insight, and informed by the wider social and commercial context, we define the most relevant opportunities and the strategies to act on them. We work alongside our clients as partners, helping them to adjust and respond to change as it happens, and keeping them moving towards their goals.
Our approach is three-fold:
To understand reality: we use traditional and innovative techniques to produce and analyse quality data, getting us close to our clients market, reputation, customers, brand and people.
To define opportunity: we combine strategic and imaginative thinking to explore opportunities and define the best strategist to realise them.
To create impact: we execute the strategy and create tangible, internal and external experiences and activations to deliver impact.