In a nutshell
We are seeking someone who is looking to start their career in Data Science to join our Analytics and Data Science team. This person should be inquisitive, ambitious, and dynamic and should be excited by the prospect of helping us as we continue to develop innovative ways to deliver insight, strategy and consultancy to our clients. They should be eager to learn and to become proficient at using analytics and data science techniques to deliver insights that answer our clients’ business problems.
Your skills & experience
- You are intellectually inquisitive and can become familiar with new topics and methods quickly.
- You are interested in social attitudes and what makes people, consumers and organisations tick.
- You have excellent attention to details and hold yourself to high standards of deliverables.
- You have good communications skills and can clearly explain complex analytical concepts to non-technical audience.
- You consistently demonstrate ability to prioritise and multi-task on a daily basis, whilst meeting deadlines.
- You have some basic statistical knowledge such as hypothesis/significance testing, univariate statistics, etc., and some basic understanding of multivariate techniques such as regression, factor analysis, and clustering.
- You have a keen interest in programming and open-source tools, and want to develop further in this area.
- You have experience with at least one of the statistical programming languages such R, Python.
Nice-to-haves (we don’t expect you to have experience in all of them all, or even most of them)
- You have worked with survey data before and understanding considerations when analysing survey data.
- You are proficient with tidyverse packages in R: dplyr, tidyr, stringr, etc.
- You have an interest in current affairs and politics
- You have experience or knowledge of operational or financial analytics
- You have some knowledge of SPSS
- You are proficient with Excel and are able to program in Excel VBA.
This role sits within the Analytics and Data Science Team, who work with all the consulting teams in Yonder. The role will suit an ambitious, proactive and driven analyst who loves solving problems, learning new things and devising novel solutions to our clients’ business problems.
Reporting to the Senior Data Scientist, this role will have high visibility across the business.
You’ll be joining Yonder at an exciting time as we have consolidated our consulting offer into areas including Brand Strategy, Culture, Product Development, Brand Loyalty, Finance and Cooperate Reputation. This means you will have the chance to make an impact and apply your skills and thinking to an even wider and diverse set of clients and business problems.
What Yonder can offer you
Yonder is a fun and stimulating workplace. We reward people fairly and the company supports and encourages new ideas which will add value. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus your birthday day off!), a 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance, income protection and other benefits like flexible working and 4pm finishes on Fridays etc.