In a nutshell
Yonder is a ground-breaking consultancy bringing a blend of insight, strategy and imagination to clients across sectors and geographies. Our diverse expert team uses commercial acumen and creative thinking to transform performance in the areas that matter most. We are on the hunt for a multitalented Senior Consultant who shares our values and wants to help us make a big impact on our clients’ businesses, and the markets and communities they serve.
Your skills & experience
You must have an appetite for understanding how businesses run and have a proven ability to use insight and brand to make an impact on business performance. You have worked for circa 5+ years in either a client-side, insight-led or consulting environment where you have gained a strong working knowledge of client challenges and the skills required to take clients on a journey of transformation. As part of this experience you are knowledgeable about the role of brand in driving business performance and ideally have worked on large-scale rollout of brand strategy programmes.
Coupled with this you have an excellent track record of successful business development (both new and organic, through pitch support and proposal writing), financial fluency and strong commercial acumen. You demonstrate your outstanding written and verbal skills, excellent attention to detail and time management skills on a daily basis. Your clients trust you; your team trusts you and you will have the respect of your peers. But you want more.
You will play a key part in proactively supporting the team at Yonder. Your specialism will be in strategy, but you will have an interest in everything else that we do and offer from market research and insight to data analytics and design. You will be given responsibility from day one, working with the team to set the strategic vision on a project, as well as scoping and selling in new projects (i.e. challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings). You will have an innovative outlook, finding ways to experiment, develop and test new product offerings, tools and approaches and you will use distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view. You create compelling narrative arguments to sell in recommendations and you will have a creative flair, working with the Creative team to the creative work supports the strategy and agreed objectives. You will play a key role in kick-off meetings, review sessions and presentations and aspire to consistently achieve client satisfaction through encouraging yourself and others to produce outstanding work.
Essential skills overview:
- 5-7 years business experience
- Genuine passion for insight, brands and branding
- Strong working knowledge of brand strategy programmes
- Track record in successful business development, both new and organic
- Versatility to work in hybrid roles e.g., copywriting, design direction, insight
- Financial fluency and strong commercial acumen
- Fluent English speaker with persuasive communication skills (oral and written)
- A knack for building valuable long-term client relationships.
Outstanding client work
- Working with senior colleagues to set the strategic vision on a project.
- Scoping and selling in new projects. This covers: challenging the brief, setting objectives, defining activities, deliverables, fees and timings.
- Using distilled insights to guide development of original ideas and points of view.
- Creating a compelling narrative argument to sell in recommendations.
- Partnering insight colleagues to derive the right data to develop a compelling strategy
- Partnering design colleagues to generate fresh ideas, establish the creative direction and ensure creative work supports the strategy and agreed objectives.
- Coordinating and playing a key role in client meetings and presentations.
- Ensuring client satisfaction by producing work of an outstanding quality.
New business and long-term relationships
- Supporting senior colleagues with pitching, proposal writing and converting new business opportunities.
- Helping to win and manage small to medium-sized projects from conception through to completion.
- Taking time to understand the client’s unique business and challenges in order to add the greatest value and spot potential incremental revenue opportunities.
- Growing the client relationship by acting as the trusted go-to person, ensuring all work meets or exceeds expectations and is delivered on time and on budget.
- Developing additional IP and case studies to reinforce our leading reputation.
What Yonder can offer you
Yonder has a real buzz as we continue to grow. We reward people who help to drive that growth and the company supports and encourages new ideas which will add value. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus your birthday day off!), a 5% employer pension contribution, life assurance and other benefits like flexible working and 4pm finishes on Fridays.