Launched in October 2020, Yonder is a consultancy that blends insight, strategy and imagination to unlock opportunity and deliver impact.
At Yonder, our purpose is in our name. We exist to help our clients go further by helping them explore their potential and set the direction for their future. Sometimes this means we discover opportunities that even our clients haven’t imagined yet. Yonder is about possibility and looking ahead to the future. It’s also about being open minded and expansive in our thinking. Yonder is where the combination of evidence and imagination takes us. Our approach is three-fold:
- To understand reality: we use traditional and innovative techniques to produce and analyse quality data, getting us close to our client’s market, reputation, customers, brand and people.
- To define opportunity: we combine strategic and imaginative thinking to explore opportunities and define the best strategist to realise them.
- To create impact: we execute the strategy and create tangible, internal and external experiences and activations to deliver impact.
Yonder Data Solutions are part of Yonder Consulting Limited and we operate our own online panel PopulusLive and CATI team and provide state of the art data capture, delivery and dashboard/visualisation solutions. We are positioned as a very experienced and trusted provider of high quality data. We have a big focus on innovation to drive growth and are proud to have won the MRS Operations Award for Best Data Solution for three consecutive years.
Overview of the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and inspiring Senior Creative to join our team as we continue to grow. If you are an experienced designer who is keen to explore a new challenge; someone who is fascinated by insight (understanding what customers really want) and is excited to turn these insights into creative solutions for our clients, then we need you. This role is specifically focusing on data visualisation. We are looking for someone who will not only produce beautiful, intelligent and sophisticated information design, but also someone who wants to become a leading authority and shape how information design is perceived in the wider creative community. This involves graphic design, but also using technology, motion and an experiential approach.
The successful applicant will need to be able to present work confidentially to clients, manage their own time and workload and collaborate with the wider creative team. They will lead the dashboard / data visualisation side of the Creative and Design Specialism at Yonder, and will need to leverage their creative, technical and client facing skills in the development, implementation and promotion of dashboard and data visualisation solutions in order to drive an already established team forward. We are looking for someone who can manage a small team but can also work on their own projects at the same time.
You’ll report into the Head of Creative, working closely alongside the creative team, and the Senior Dashboard Managers and the Managing Director at Yonder Data Solutions:
- Create compelling, beautiful and sophisticated information design
- Use motion to bring the designs to life
- Be a leading authority on information design
- Conceptualise and develop new and innovative designs for a variety of clients and dashboard designs
- Work with the Business Development team to continue to drive profit from the dashboard team
- Present work to clients, understand their feedback and proactively solve their needs
- Lead and build strong client relationships
- Manage the team to ensure projects run efficiently
- To lead the representation and marketing of the dashboard offering through innovation and thought leadership
- Have a working knowledge of leading market research dashboard software Dapresy
Required skills and abilities
The Creative team pride themselves in being professional, efficient and hard-working – consistently delivering the highest quality of dashboard and data visualisation outputs. We expect the Senior Creative, Data Visualisation to have the same professional, proactive and diligent approach to their role; they must be willing to go the extra mile to ensure a high-quality product is consistently delivered. They must have:
- Strong information design and dashboard design experience
- Strong experience in motion and animation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Appreciate the importance of correct type usage, consistency in design, and colour usage
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, and a good working knowledge of other Adobe programmes
- Experience with/knowledge of research data
- Dapresy knowledge / experience
- Basic HTML / CSS
- Good communication skills
- Ability to present to and deal with clients
- Passionate, pro-active team player
- Willing to go the extra mile to ensure a high quality product is delivered
- Keen to learn new software and skills
Yonder has a real buzz as we continue to grow. We reward people who help to drive that growth and support and encourage new ideas which will add value. We want you to be yourself and provide you with an encouraging and supportive environment to allow you to grow and develop too. We offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday (plus your birthday off), 5% employer pension contributions, critical life insurance, private medical health insurance and other non-contractual benefits such as volunteering leave, financial advice sessions and an annual wellbeing allowance.